Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What can I use to keep my dive mask from fogging up?

Spit just doesn't do it for me...Anyother suggestions or products?What can I use to keep my dive mask from fogging up?
True, you can use spit but it really doesn't seem to be as effective as defog that is sold in dive shops and some sporting goods stores. Baby shampoo works well too. My favorite is liquid dish soap! I know, it doesn't sound like a good idea but hear me out.





Wet your goggles and place one drop for goggles. Masks may need more. Spread the liquid evenly. RINSE WELL (I give my mask a few shakes in the water) to avoid stinging later on. Do not use your fingers to rinse because you will remove the film. Your fingers have oils that will cause your goggles to fog too.





The reason I like dish soap because it is cheap and readily available. Most are biodegradable.





Why it works...after washing, dish soap leaves a 'sheeting film' that prevents dishes from leaving water spots on dishes. It is gone after it evaporates. When you wear a mask or in this case goggles it traps moisture inside so it doesn't evaporate.





You may have to reapply if you remove your goggles for too long or often. Remember to rinse it well. I have used this for hundreds of diving customers with no allergic reaction but if you do get irritation, discontinue.What can I use to keep my dive mask from fogging up?
do you scuba dive jade? Report Abuse

Seaweed or kelp (if it's available) has always worked for me.
I have heard that if you spit in it and smear it around it helps.





Also heard that cleaning it with toothpaste may help.





Try them out. Tell us at the group if any of them work. :)
Don't touch your inner's part of mask with fingers. When you want to clean it just use of shampoo.


After a period of time (Usually 3 months) your mask or goggles will lose its anti-fog protection. You can use an anti-fog spray to charge it again.
Spit in it... Thats right spit.... rub it around then rinse it a bit..





If thats too gross for ya use joy soap. but not too much.. rub it around and rinse a little
anti-fog spray
Spit on the glass inside the mask.... and rub it with a smooth cloth.. or fingers if you have non.... but yes spit alot...


It stopped my mask from fogging up...





It's quick , it's easy, its FREE.
a anti-fog spray you can buy it at a sporting goods store....
Most dive shops sell anti-fog spray. Spit has always done it for me. Maybe you are washing the spit out too soon. Try clearing it a couple of times underwater. I know it is a pain though.
Yepsitdaisie, De-fogger, is da stuff to use, but make SURE u get a good brand!! :o)
I'm sorry but everyone has told you to use your own spit. Well that didn't work for me either but my swimming instructors' saliva worked a treat.


Not nice I know, he did it before I even realised.

No comments:

Post a Comment