Tuesday, December 15, 2009

When I dive I get water in my ears. What works better ear plugs (w/holes for diving) or mask w/ear protection?

I am looking for the best solution to ear protection (water entering the ear) when I scuba dive.When I dive I get water in my ears. What works better ear plugs (w/holes for diving) or mask w/ear protection?
Well there is actually a diving mask that protects your ears





seee http://www.proear2000.com





there are a lot of testimoinials on the site of people who use it.





happy diving!





btw this is what DAN (Divers Alert Network) an authoority on diving and health issues, has to say about earplugs





bottom line there is





';I concur with Dr. Dekelboum in that there is just not enough data or evidence to recommend the use of plugs for divers. The risks of complications underwater from malfunction or removal of an earplug are real and can potentially place the diver at increased risk for injury.';





http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medica鈥?/a>When I dive I get water in my ears. What works better ear plugs (w/holes for diving) or mask w/ear protection?
I do not understand why people answer questions that do not actually address the question posed. It really attacks the integrity of this type of discussion. I was hoping to learn something with this format... Report Abuse

maybe mask wear protection
well are you still fresh with whole scuba diving thing? try a refresher if not (they are not that expensive)!





um dno;t wear ear plugs...i think you should deal with the water in your ears
plugs i would imagine
You will get water in your ears. If you plug them off you can't equlibrate your inner ear. You should've learned this in dive class.


I recommend a refresher course before you get in the water again.
Plugs work better then anything i've ever tried. My cousin, he has tubes in his ears, so he has to use something to keep water out. He has tried many things (and so have i) and we both like using plugs the best. They seem to work the best too.

No comments:

Post a Comment